Spectrum Spinalong

If you have joined the Spunky Eclectic Fiber-of-the-Month Club, spin this month's Project Spectrum fiber and talk about it here! Or spin anything in the Project Spectrum Color of the Month (May is Green) and let us see what you get!

Friday, July 28, 2006

Purple is going!

I know, I know, I never posted a picture of the roving. But here is the yarn:



2 oz./164 yards BFL dyed by Amy Boogie at Spunky Eclectic for Project Spectrum

I really enjoyed spinning this yarn. It is my favorite wool spun into my most typical yarn. But that's why I like it!

Here is a picture of the skein of sock yarn (also BFL) and the socks from 7 handspun yarns that I entered in the fair, in case you haven't been over to my other blog.



















I will be spinning the August silk on vacation from the 6th to the 26th. I won't be posting over here during that time as I won't have access to uploading pictures. I hope that the yarn will be finished while I am gone so that I can post about it that last week of August. I'm excited about spindling silk. I just wish I could decide what to do with it! I only have 2 ounces, so I can't fool around trying stuff too much. There is not much 2 ply silk yarn to look at on the web that isn't dyed after spinning, but plenty of singles. And singles would be very relaxing. I have seen a lovely navajo plied yarn, though, and that would take longer (more fun). Decisions, decisions! Amy's yarn is lovely but not quite my thing. I really want 100% silk, probably for wristwarmers or fingerless gloves.

What do you have in mind?

4 Comments:

  • At 6:58 AM, Blogger Faith said…

    I'm terrible with knit alongs, so that's why I didn't join this Spinalong blog, but I just spun the silk up as a laceweight singles, and now I'm spinning two more laceweight singles out of cream colored Merino. I intend to use it for a soft and pretty scarf.

    http://flashbangfibers.blogspot.com

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said…

    Your singles look great! If I could bring myself to spin white fiber, I could ply also, but I'm going to go for knitting the singles yarns. I'm thinking handwarmers. Or a skinny scarf, I guess, but handwarmers are winning.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    We might be moving on to Project Spectrum II but Lolly hasn't said yet.

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger ~ Phyllis ~ said…

    Beautiful yarns and beautiful socks. Love the purple yarn.

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Peggy said…

    Your spinning is gorgeous!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home