Spectrum Spinalong

If you have joined the Spunky Eclectic Fiber-of-the-Month Club, spin this month's Project Spectrum fiber and talk about it here! Or spin anything in the Project Spectrum Color of the Month (May is Green) and let us see what you get!

Friday, June 09, 2006

Blue has arrived

What a lame title! But I have been obsessing about my yarn for my L.A. County Fair socks and not about the Project Spectrum spinning, sorry! Gotta go for the deadline stuff first.

Here is a picture of the Spunky Eclectic Fiber Club offering for June, Sailing Away.



Mostly blue, a little red, a little white.

I'm a bit torn on how to spin this. I don't want to mix the colors as I like the patriotic feel. I don't want to ply it with white as the red will go pink (sorry, Pink Lemon Twist, it's just not my thing). I saw that Amie has spun this as nice fat singles yarn and I like that, too, as my other option was to Navajo ply, but the singles for that take SO LONG. I might not have time to spin it up this month, eek!!

So singles it is. Sport? Worsted? I don't know. Can't get to it yet, anyway.

Happy spinning!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Brewer said…

    aaaaahhhhh, the blue. I haven't done anything with my roving, other that touch it that one time but we try not to mention it ;) The kids and I have to make the journey home (from Milwaukee, WI to almost Cleveland, Ohio) on Thursday. I don't think I could fit the spinning wheel in there, but am planning on taking the blue roving and my spindle. And some felting needles and more roving. Gotta do something to make visiting the fam enjoyable :) I'll send pics when I'm done

     
  • At 7:04 AM, Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said…

    Do you have a picture of what you did with the green? I almost pulled it out to add to a felted bag project yesterday, and then remembered it was superwash, silly! I've been trying to finish the sock yarn by Thursday (won't happen) but will get to the blue roving after that is done.

    Thanks for stopping by!

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Melanie said…

    I just recently join in on the spinalong. Yesterday 6/22 I received my first shipment of fiber. Right now I'm working on some shetland, but as soon as I get that finished I plan to give the June color berry patch a go. I have decided to order the two past colors also but I will have to wait until payday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home