Spectrum Spinalong

If you have joined the Spunky Eclectic Fiber-of-the-Month Club, spin this month's Project Spectrum fiber and talk about it here! Or spin anything in the Project Spectrum Color of the Month (May is Green) and let us see what you get!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I had one more idea

So I tried spinning the Green Gables roving and the Easter egg roving separately and then plying them together. Here is a bad picture. It does not show the colors any better than the previous ones. The yarn is still primarily green but it does have more yellow and peach than the green roving. I like it, actually.



So the now I'm trying one more thing. I'm spinning the Green Gables roving from the fold (I could not recommend this highly enough; the superwash is SO slippery and it's fun and fast!) and then spinning the Easter egg yellow and turquoise (and occasional green patch) from the fold to be plied together. Whew! This mixes the yellow and blue together some of the time (more green!) but not all the time so there is still some nice variation. I should end up with about 3 ounces of that yarn in the end. Already finished the superwash singles.

I had forgotten how much I like spinning from the fold. It's got a similar magical feeling to the long draw, somehow. And it's nice to be basically using one hand, relaxing.

Anyone else spinning yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home