Spectrum Spinalong

If you have joined the Spunky Eclectic Fiber-of-the-Month Club, spin this month's Project Spectrum fiber and talk about it here! Or spin anything in the Project Spectrum Color of the Month (May is Green) and let us see what you get!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I've had a great idea (I think)

I've been keeping track of Project Spectrum and trying to work in the colors. Okay.

Then I found that Spunky Eclectic is having a "Fiber of the Month Club" and is dyeing various fibers to go along with the Project Spectrum colors. So I joined the club.

Now, wouldn't it be fun to spin up the fiber from the club and share photos and experiences with each other? Maybe see the different approaches and different results from the same dyepot, the same fiber?

So, without further ado, begins the...

PROJECT SPECTRUM SPINALONG

Join up, comment, post photos, let's see what we can do! Try new spinning techniques, show us your skeins! Maybe at the end of the project, we can all knit it up into someting together. Wouldn't that be fun?

Happy waiting for the mailman!

UPDATE: Amie at Spunky Eclectic tells me that the fiber shipped today!! I will post a picture of it when it arrives. If you have any pictures that you would like to post you can email them to me by clicking on the link in the sidebar and I will post them here. Thanks for participating!

UPDATE II: If you are NOT joining the Spunky Club but you ARE spinning something for Project Spectrum, you are TOTALLY WELCOME to join in! Please do! Send me a photo of what you're spinning and what your plans are and we will all have fun together!

7 Comments:

  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Amie said…

    Welcome to the Spinning Wheel!

    Since it looks like this is a temporary blog, please let me know when the Project Spectrum Spinalong is completed so no one has to keep stumbling on a dead blog!

    Thanks!

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said…

    I suppose this blog could be quite long term, if there is participation. Every month there will be new stuff, right? And maybe we can knit something with the yarn together, too. I hope it takes off!

    But I'll let you know. I think a link from your site will kick it off!

    Thanks to you!

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger Silver said…

    Pssst ... We need a button! ;) (This is Crystal who emailed you earlier, posting under her Craft Identity! I don't know why I have a separate craft-blog-identity name, really. Just bizarre and impulsive like that, I suppose. ;D)

    I'll send you a picture of what I'm going to spin as soon as I dig it out! Though I may end up sending a picture with multiple things in it ... ;) Hey, I *could* spin it all ... or I could just waffle a lot and pick something at random out of the pile. ;D

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger Brewer said…

    Ooo me, me! I'm in. I can't wait for my package to arrive. I'll send pics when I get some :)

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said…

    Here's the thing: I have no idea how to make or post a button. Isn't that sad? I've got the Spinning Wheel Ring up there, but I don't know how to get the pretty button. Any advice?

    Waiting for the mailman...

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said…

    Excellent, Lolly! Hopefully we'll have a nice little group over here. I've just designed a sock project for my yarns as well. Maybe I'll post it soon, maybe later. It will depend on what the fibers are (have to keep the super soft fibers in the cuff).

    Thanks for not minding the link to your site!

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Doll Creelman-Migliaccio said…

    How exciting! I'm packing, getting ready for a cross country move but hey...there's always something to spin and colour just makes it more...well....just more! lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home