Spectrum Spinalong

If you have joined the Spunky Eclectic Fiber-of-the-Month Club, spin this month's Project Spectrum fiber and talk about it here! Or spin anything in the Project Spectrum Color of the Month (May is Green) and let us see what you get!

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Here's what I have so far

The first bobbin is the Green Gables singles yarn. It does look greener than this, but this picture is at least better than the sample skein!



This is the two bobbins of singles to be plied. I wish I had gotten to this yesterday, but I'm taking 12 7-year-olds camping this afternoon and, surprise, surprise, I had to prepare! So no spinning probably till everyone's at school on Monday.



Have you spun anything yet?

5 Comments:

  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger natasha said…

    i can dye fiber in the color(s) of the moment in larger amounts if people are interested....

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said…

    Right at the moment, we don't have much participation over here. I'll let you know if that changes. It would be nice! I'm hoping to ply today, myself.

     
  • At 6:30 AM, Blogger Brewer said…

    I spun a small bit and plied with a string of beads. Not the prettiest stuff ever but it was fun. spun it on my drop spindle which the kids have "dropped" a few too many times cause it doesn't want to spin smoothly anymore-ugh. Anyway, I'll get a pic today and send it out :)

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Brewer said…

    I forgot to add...

    I'm so jealous of your yarn! look at those bobbins. That yarn looks like tread compared to mine :)

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said…

    I tend to spin finer rather than thicker. These singles plie up about DK weight. I will try to post a photo of the yarn today, though. It actually came out looking more like the roving than the roving, as predicted!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home