Spectrum Spinalong

If you have joined the Spunky Eclectic Fiber-of-the-Month Club, spin this month's Project Spectrum fiber and talk about it here! Or spin anything in the Project Spectrum Color of the Month (May is Green) and let us see what you get!

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Green Gables yarn



Here's the yarn, Green Gables Superwash Wool from Spunky Eclectic plied with BFL dyed by yours truly with Easter Egg dye (yellow, blue/green, with the melon pulled out for some other project).

And the original roving, just as a reminder.



Both singles were spun from the fold, although the superwash was easier. I like this yarn very much. I think it looks like the original roving even though it isn't, as there was more white in the roving than was apparent at first glance.

I still have an ounce and a half or so of the roving left to do something else with, but I think I will wait. Maybe ply it with the blue of June, who knows. It would be fun to do some blending of the colors one into the other perhaps.

What's been nice so far about this is I've been really motivated to spin. I've been knitting more lately but I do have to get on the stick about the L.A. County Fair project, which involves spinning six different colors (only two of which have been carded yet). You can see that project on my other blog, Progressive Purls, but watch out for the political content!

Anyone else ready to send pictures?

5 Comments:

  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said…

    I've commented three times on Americablog, all deleted. I've commented on Shakespeare's Sister. I will comment over at your site, also. Thanks for visiting! I have political content over on my other blog, Progressive Purls.

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger Brewer said…

    AAAHH! I must finish spinning this roving! I see today that this months roving is out. Woo Hoo!

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said…

    Amie seems to have shipped the last of it today so I must stalk the mailman...Send me a picture when you're done!

    I've already switched over to blue, as that's where I am in the carding/spinning for the Bazaar socks, so I should have plenty for PS this month, anyway.

    Glad to hear from you!

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Brewer said…

    I just got my roving! (totally said in sing-song voice). It's beautiful and of course I have tons of cleaning to do before I break it out of its bag :( but it is a long weekend, so hopefully I'll get to it.

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said…

    I got mine today, too, lovely! It reminds me of some wool I dyed in a dyeing class a couple of years ago (with Cushings) where the red crocked. They actually had to have the class again because everyone was so upset to end up with unusable roving! We started over with Jacquard and now I use Lanaset. Anyway, I'll take a photo this weekend. Send me one of yours!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home